To Listen is simply to open your ears and mind, and really hear what the person speaking is trying to say. This is the most easily understood of our Big 5 Behaviors, and yet, can be the hardest to actually accomplish. Listening actively, hearing what is said, can be difficult with internal monologues, pre-existing perspectives, and all of the “noise” of daily life, but it can also be the most worthwhile.
With that in mind, we put together a playlist of songs to remind you to open your ears and “Listen” today! So get your headphones out, hit play, and hear the songs that inspire us to “Listen” every day!
- Listen – Beyonce
- Hear Me Now – Alok, Bruno Martini, Zeeba
- Listen to Me – Buddy Holly
- Listen to Your Heart – Roxette
- I Hear the Bells – Mike Doughty
- Listen – Talib Kweli
- Hear You Me – Jimmy Eat World
- Listen to the Music – The Doobie Brothers
- Hear Me – Kelly Clarkson
- Listen to Your Friends – New Found Glory
- Hear My Song – Songs for a New World
- Listen Up – Brother Ali
Curated by Ann Drewiske and Bobby Gardner.