The definition of the Mindset of Discovery emerged from 20 years of helping companies build and activate cultures aligned with their values and fueled by engaged leaders and innovators, able to thrive in an ever-changing business landscape.How many minutes of your day do you spend worrying about making a mistake, stressing out about workplace politics, checking out of meetings or over-planning and analyzing without taking action? If you are anything like the majority of people, chances are various stressful thoughts, fears and unhealthy judgments pop up in your head and take away from your energy and productivity. In our 20 years of working with businesses we have found that in order to keep these stressors at bay, we have to be intentional about where we focus our attention. In other words, we have to pick what lens we use to view the immense amount of information coming our way. That lens is our mindset and and we have dedicated our work to helping professionals of all levels, industries and personalities choose a mindset that helps them be more productive and happier at work.
WHEN WE ARE IN THE MINDSET OF DISCOVERY WE ASSUME:
- Ideas and honest opinions have value and are celebrated instead of judged.
- Change is fuel instead of an obstacle.
- Mistakes are a great source of inspiration and learning.
- We all have the power to create change and impact those around us.
- We don’t need ALL the information to just begin.
- Listen: Be present, open and aware
- Defer Judgment: Pause and accept the potential of ideas and opinions
- Reframe: Use what you have to move forward
- Declare: Be authentic and clear, speak your mind
- Jump In: Develop a bias towards action, avoid analysis-paralysis