The Brave New Workshop Creative Outreach team is seeking a Sales Representative. This is an outstanding opportunity in our very fast-growing and entrepreneurial part of our business. The Sales Representative will be responsible for sales of keynote speeches, training sessions, books and other learning materials. The Sales Representative is responsible for minimum of $50,000 in sales in the first six months of employment and a minimum of $250,000 in the first year of employment. The Sales Representative will be prospecting and selling to Fortune 500 companies, mid-size companies and other large-scale event organizers. The Sales Representative will collaborate and have the opportunity to learn from John Sweeney, co-owner of the company and its Chief Sales Officer.
• Prospects and qualifies leads for keynote speaking opportunities, workshops and/or other learning needs and brings them through the sales timeline to a close.
• Leads targeted sales campaign efforts reaching agreed upon audiences.
• Prepares sales plans for key accounts, reviews them with team and executes them.
• Provides periodic progress feedback to rest of the team regarding sales pipeline.
• Maintains knowledge of the industry and leading competitors; researches events/conferences/organizations to explore.
• Maintains accurate records of all communication with clients in Salesforce.com and keeps updated records of all leads, contacts and opportunities.
• Prepares proposals for new business (with input and collaboration from the rest of the team).
Why BNW experiential learning services are fun to sell:
• Proven customer satisfaction. In more than 2,000 engagements John and his team have never received less than 9 out of 10 client satisfaction score.
• A commitment to partnering with clients long term. 80% of BNW’s clients are repeat customers.
• Lots of experience. Our speaking and facilitation team (John Sweeney, Margi Simmons, Bobby Gardner) have inspired many of the best and brightest global companies including General Mills, Hilton Worldwide, Honeywell, Ingersoll Rand, Land O’ Lakes, Medtronic, Microsoft, Target, Thomson Reuters, UnitedHealth Group, US Bancorp and approximately a hundred more (see John’s client list & client quotes here: https://www.johnsweeney.co/event-planning
• Customization. What differentiates John from most facilitators/thought leaders is his commitment to spend as much time as necessary with the client to completely customize the experience for their group. John will consult with the client team in picking the specific behaviors, learning points, and exercises that will help the audience do their job better.
• Authentic passion and personal investment. John is the owner and leader of a company, whose culture is based on the improvisational behaviors and attitudes he shares with audiences. He lives and breathes the mindset of discovery which is at the core of BNW’s curriculum, and is the first to tell you that it has changed his life and is one of the reasons for where he is today. His motivation for his work, and a driving force in everything he does is his desire to help people lead happier and healthier lives by adopting a mindset of discovery and leaving fear behind.
Base salary, percentages and draw arrangements to be negotiated.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Ability to work alone in an unsupervised environment.
• Self-motivated, driven, entrepreneurial.
• Loves sales.
• Sense of humor and ability to value levity in the workplace; can handle friendly joking.
• Ability to understand and handle different personalities and styles; open minded.
• Possesses direct communication style and is able to work in a “no drama” environment where feedback is objective, welcome and constructive.
• Professional attitude and a desire to have a positive impact on the world.
• Superior written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to sell and communicate with company executives with authentic confidence (Director and above).
• Working knowledge of Salesforce.com
• Experience with consultative sales and proven record of selling products/services in a price range starting at 10,000 per item a plus.
• Experience in the speaking/training industry a plus.
• Strong network in the speaking/training industry a plus.
• Experience with selling to Fortune 500 companies a plus.
Send RESUME, COVER LETTER, and BUSINESS CORRESPONDENCE WRITING SAMPLE to:
For more information on BNW’s learning offerings visit www.bravenewworkshop.com/creativeoutreach and on John Sweeney, visit www.johnsweeney.co[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]